GLEN, the Gay & Lesbian Equality Network are recruiting for an intern position to join their Diversity Champions programme team. Diversity Champions is Ireland’s network of LGBT inclusive employers, working with Ireland’s leading companies, their Human Resources, Diversity Executives and LGBT Employee Networks to enhance and support the visibility of LGBT people in the workplace.
• As a member of the Diversity Champions programme team the Programme Intern will support :
• membership communications including social media, member updates and programme newsletter
• event planning and execution
• development and distribution of promotional material for the Programme
• production of research and good practice publications
• general Programme administration, including preparation of membership kits, membership records and statistics, development & updating of mailing lists
• maintenance and updating of the Diversity Champions website
• support the development of a national benchmarking index for employers;
• Actively contribute to the development and implementation of Diversity Champions policies and programmes;
• Maintaining a professional standard of behaviour and the confidentiality of all information pertaining to member organisations, their diversity initiatives and their employees;
• Actively participate in and contribute to ongoing team meetings, general staff meetings, quality improvement and professional development strategies;
• Perform other duties to assist with the general work of GLEN as necessary.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and liaise with senior executives across a wide range of sectors, both verbally and in written correspondence.
• Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and workloads in a small team environment and to use initiative to consistently achieve results.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a collegiate team.
• Demonstrated experience with internet usage and MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Understanding of and commitment to the aims and objectives of GLEN
• Experience in Human Resources, particularly in equality, diversity and inclusion context and/or Sales knowledge and skills
• Research and report writing skills
• Social media expertise
This is an intern position. It will provide the successful candidate with a unique opportunity to be part of the development of Ireland’s first and only lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workplace diversity programme. Candidates will gain experience in:
• Programme development and administration
• Client relationship management
• Working with a with a wide range of Ireland’s leading public and private employers in a diverse range of sectors including financial services, information technology, civil and public service, education, professional and consulting services and facilities management.
• Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
GLEN will seek to provide additional career development opportunities for the intern.
This post is unpaid, however “out of pocket” expenses will be paid by GLEN.
The duration of the post is 9 months and the working week is 5 day/35 hours week, based in the GLEN office.
Application and Selection Process
Please apply in writing by curriculum vitae and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of applications is 22.08.2014. Applications will be acknowledged by e-mail within 3 days of receipt.