With the dedication, generosity, and hard work of their supporters, they’ve transformed the lives of many lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans young people in Ireland this year.
There have been so many highlights this year for the youth support group, such as:
- Empowering hundreds of young LGBT people to come out, be themselves, reach out for help and be happy about who they are. They did this through their world-class youth services in Dublin, by collaborating with Pieta House to provide in-house counselling for young LGBT people, and in partnership with the 28 LGBT youth groups that are part of their national network of services outside Dublin.
- Marching with over 200 young LGBT+ people in Dublin Pride who shared what LGBT Youth work means to them in front of thousands of people.
- Launching #BeLonGToTheFuture to fund this work as they celebrated the first anniversary of the historic Marriage Equality Referendum win.
- Enabling 6 young trans people to participate in The European Transgender Council – the first and largest gathering of political transgender activists in Europe.
- Running their 7th hugely successful national anti lgbt bullying campaign in schools all over Ireland #StandUp2016.
BeLonG To would like to wish you and yours every joy this festive season. Have a wonderful break, rest up, and recharge your batteries, because they still have lots to do to make Ireland the kind of place we all voted for last May.