Thanks to you, BeLonG To have responded to the needs of hundreds of LGBTI+ young people in 2017 – offering a listening ear, personal support, free counselling, spaces for connection and for many, a place to call home.
“BeLonG To, to me, is an escape for a few hours to a world that’s slightly more perfect and acceptable.” Daniel
“I haven’t words to describe BeLonG To. The last few years I have grown in myself and I can actually say I am proud to be in the LGBT community. I can honestly call this place home, and everyone who is involved, family.”Paige
Paige, Daniel and young LGBTI+ people all over Ireland can access the services they need, thanks to your support. BeLonG To would like to thank you for making a difference to their lives.
2017 has been an incredible year for BeLonG To. In addition to their day-to-day service provision, they had some memorable highlights:
– A team of brilliant BeLonG To youth activists sat on the oversight committee developing the National LGBTI+ Youth Strategy, the first of its kind anywhere in the world.
– Together with second-level schools across Ireland, they took a stand against homophobic and transphobic bullying as part of the 8th annual Stand Up Awareness Week, Ireland’s largest anti-bullying week.
– They marched alongside thousands of LGBTI+ young people at Dublin Pride, celebrating LGBTI+ identity, and standing in solidarity with the LGBTI+ community around the world.
– They provided LGBTI+ support and training to parents, teachers, principals, guidance counsellors and mental health professionals all over Ireland.
– They celebrated the 10-year anniversary of their unique LGBTI+ specialised Drug Service with the launch of this video.
-They ran youth leadership training for over 40 young people from across the country, ensuring the groups they support have a strong emphasis in youth empowerment.
– Together, they empowered hundreds of young LGBTI+ people to come out, be themselves and reach out for the help they need. They did this through their world class youth services, by collaborating with Pieta House to provide in-house counselling for young LGBTI+ people, and in partnership with the 37 LGBTI+ youth groups that are part of their national network all over Ireland.
None of these amazing moments would have happened without your support – their extended BeLonG To family. For this, they thank you from the bottom of their hearts.