The Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection, Regina Doherty TD, has announced the launch of the consultation process, and they want as many voices as possible – especially young voices.
By making a submission, no matter how long or short, you are adding your voice to this process, and helping to make real change to the lives of the trans community in Ireland.
The review of the 2015 Act will cover issues such as gender recognition for children younger than 16 years of age; arrangements for 16 and 17 year olds; and the position of non-binary and intersex persons.
You are invited to make a submission under the following headings:
- Arrangements for children aged 16 to 17 years;
- Arrangements for children aged under 16 years;
- Arrangements for persons who identify as neither male nor female (e.g. non-binary);
- Arrangements for intersex people;
- Any other relevant issues, including issues relating to the operation of the current legislative provisions.
Making a Submission
Create your submission using the headings above – make sure to include your full name and address, then submit!
You can email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Submission’, or send your submission by post to:
GRA2015 Review (Submission), GRO Policy Unit, Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, Floor 1, Áras Mhic Dhiarmada, Store Street, Dublin 1, D01 WY03.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, February 5th 2018.
More information about the consultation process is available here.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to have your say, and change the future of gender recognition in Ireland.