“Recently a Cork man was found guilty of blackmailing on a gay dating app. While cases such as this are rare, we encourage everyone to be cautious of situations such as this, and to report any such instances”.
CGP also share a list of some of the main LGBTQI+events being hosted in the area by the group:
1) LGBTQI+ Running Group:
If you are interested in running, or getting involved with an LGBTQI+ running group, meet up at the Hawthorn Bar at the Lough, on Mondays at 7.30pm and Saturdays at 11am.
2) Queer Vibes:
Come along at 7pm on Tuesday, upstairs in Starbucks, on Opera Lane, to make new friends over a cuppa.
3) Cork’s LGBT+ Bookclub is having its next meeting on the 24 November, in Cork City Library, at 3.30pm. The Book for the month is The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.
4) Drop in Hours:
Monday and Friday afternoons from 12-3pm every week, at Cork Gay Project, 4 South Terrace.
5) The Reel Scene Movie Club is showing United in Anger. It’s happening from 7-9pm, on Friday 30, at the Cork Gay Project.
6) Consent Workshop on Thursday December 6, from 7-9pm.
7) Workshop on Emotional Self-Care:
Sunday 25 November at 12pm, at Cork Gay Project, 4 South Terrace. Suggested Donation of 10 euro.
8) Introduction to Drama for GBT Men:
December 5, at 7.30pm.
9) Cork Gay Project Christmas Party:
15th December from 8pm at 4 South Terrace, Cork City.
The Cork Gay Project are hosting free Rapid HIV testing in the Centre at number 4 South Terrace on November 22, 6-8pm.
The World AIDS Day Run 2018 is taking place in Regional Park, Ballincollig, Cork, on December 1, at 9.30am.