The first fundraiser is the screening of the award-winning Irish documentary, Outitude, at 9.30pm Friday 21st June in Pálás.
The screening is kindly being sponsored by club GASS and in collaboration with Pálás– to ensure all proceeds go to Teach Solais!
Outitude, charts the history of lesbian Ireland. Directed by Sonya Mulligan, and produced by Ger Moane, it is a grassroots documentary that charts the history of the Irish Lesbian Community from all the way back in the 70’s to the 2015 marriage referendum.
Both Director and producer will be there on the night, for a Q&A after the screening. Tickets are just €10 with discount entry into Club GASS, Róisín Dubh, that night (€6 with proof of ticket).
After folk have recovered from a fun night in Club GASS, there will be an undoubtedly funny and factual night in the Róisín Dubh on Monday 24th from 8pm, with a Table Quiz hosted by the fabulous duo, Steve Bennett and Steven Sharpe.
Tickets for a table for 4 are €10 with all proceeds going to Teach Solais.
Information on AMACH & Teach Solais:
AMACH! LGBT Galway is a registered charity that is responsible for the running of Teach Solais LGBT+ resource centre, based in Galway city. They have created a health and wellbeing hub, with a varied array of activities that are run from Teach Solais. Some of which include:
- LGBT Helpline- National Helpline and mental health talks/panel discussions
- Peer support groups, for example-GOSSIP (Transgender support group)
- Free HIV testing by AIDS West
- Drop-in sessions every Saturday (2-4pm)
- Photography/Arts and Crafts courses
- Intergenerational art sessions (poster/banner making)
- Social events: Meditation sessions, Yoga classes, Book club, Wellness sessions, Sporting activities- Teach Solais soccer team, Teach Solais Running club, etc.
It’s a great place to chill, bring your friends, meet new friends, get information, read a book, go on the internet, listen to music, play a board game, have a cup of coffee/ tea and have a snack!